What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you, or from which your identity can be established. Collecting certain personal information about you is essential in order for us to provide clients with necessary services and assistance.
How Do We Collect Your Personal Information?
We collect personal information only by fair and lawful means. We do not collect information in an intrusive or indiscriminate manner. Whenever possible, we collect your personal information directly from you and not from third parties.
Use of Your Personal Information
Exodus Strategy uses your personal information to provide a range of services to you and to keep you informed of the activities and services offered by Exodus Strategy.
We will disclose your personal information in the following cases:
- when we are required or authorized by law to do so, for example if a court issues a subpoena
- when you have consented to the disclosure
- when the services we are providing to you requires us to give your information to third parties
- where it is necessary to establish or collect fees for publications or services
- if your personal information is already publicly available (e.g. in the Calgary telephone directory).
Updating Your Information
Since we use your personal information to provide newsletter and information to you, it is important that the information be accurate and up-to-date. If any of your information changes, please inform us so that we can make any necessary changes.
Is My Personal Information Secure?We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is kept safe from loss, unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. Among the electronic and procedural safeguards taken to protect your personal information are:
physical security of our offices
restricted file access to personal information
using technological safeguards like security software and firewalls to prevent hacking or unauthorized computer access
internal password and security policies
Access to Your Own Personal Information
You may ask for access to any personal information we hold about you. Request for access should be in writing. Detailed requests which require archive, retrieval or copying costs may be subject to fees.
If we hold information about you and you can establish that it is incorrect, we will take necessary and reasonable steps to correct it.
Can I Be Denied Access to My Personal Information?
You do not have an absolute right to access your personal information. We may deny access when:
- denial of access is required or authorized by law
- granting you access would violate someone else’s privacy
- to do so would prejudice negotiations against you
- it is necessary to protect our organization’s rights and property
- the request is frivolous or vexatious.
If we deny your request for access to or refuse a request to correct information, we shall explain our reasons. Exodus Strategy does not use your Social Insurance Number as a way of identifying or organizing the information we hold about you.